The Women Who Empower Ambassadors Program
Our Women Who Empower Ambassador program comprises emerging leaders from diverse, global backgrounds who have shown a passion and commitment for magnifying the mission and values of the university’s Women Who Empower initiative.
Ambassadors listen, learn, and connect with one another by sharing their personal and professional journeys. They amplify the voices and stories within the Northeastern community and lead efforts to elevate Women Who Empower.
By coming together, these individuals effect bold, meaningful change within our network, at the university, and around the world—and encourage and inspire others to do the same.
Meet our Ambassadors
About our Ambassadors
What does a Women Who Empower Ambassador do?
- Assists the Women Who Empower team with event programming, development, and execution
- Represents Northeastern University at special events virtually and in regions across the globe
- Provides ideas for speakers, social media features, and other valuable connections and establishes new relationships with mission-aligned individuals and organizations
- Engages with alumni, donors, university leadership, and friends of the university to promote and strengthen Women Who Empower programming
- Participates in Women Who Empower mentoring, and encourage others to do so as well
- Participates in fundraising activities for Women Who Empower and related funds such as the Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative, WISE, Social Justice, Women in Engineering, etc.
Women Who Empower Ambassadors serve a one year term (subject to review)
Women Who Empower Ambassador Criteria
- Has a strong and positive affiliation with Northeastern University
- Embodies the Women Who Empower mission and demonstrates a commitment to advancing the initiative through their personal engagement
- Understands the unique experiences that have influenced their time at the university and shows a willingness to share their story and encourage others to do so
- Appreciates the power of philanthropy and contributes to mission-aligned programs and scholarships